Your needs, preferences and goals are the centre of my approach.
This is what you can expect during the course of our work together.
Preliminary Information Gathering
Prior to our initial visit, we will ask you to complete a comprehensive intake form and provide us with any medical documentation such as lab work or imaging that you have and think may be relevant. You are also invited to have a complimentary 15 minute consultation with me prior to engaging my services to ensure our compatibility and during that preliminary interview, I may predetermine and requisition certain lab work to help us in our investigations.
Our initial visit will take approximately 1 ½ hours and will include the following:
- Review and discussion of comprehensive intake form, medical documentation, chief health concerns and goals of therapy
- Focused physical exam
- Bowen therapy ‘reboot’ treatment
- Requisition for further testing such as Carroll Food Intolerance test (in-house), saliva testing, lab-work as deemed necessary
- Initial steps of therapeutic strategy
Follow Up Consultations
The purpose of follow up visits is to:
- Determine how you are responding to therapy
- Determine whether any other issues have surfaced
- Tweak the current strategy where necessary
- Implement the next steps in your treatment strategy if you are ready
- Discuss any other issues you would like to address
The visits will be booked for either ½ hour or 1 hour depending on what type of monitoring we need to do.
Carroll Food Intolerance Test (In-house, finger poke blood test)
This test is a simple finger poke blood test. With the sample, I use a method developed by Dr. Otis Carroll, ND to assess your ability to digest certain foods and food combinations. This test is not an allergy test and does not evaluate immune reactivity. The foods that are identified are believed to be responsible for improper microflora growth and ultimately lead to food immune sensitivity issues.
I provide you with a report outlining the foods that aggravate your condition.
Bowen therapy is a hands on bodywork technique in which gentle cross fiber myofascial releases are used to promote healing. The releases or activations achieve the following:
- Increase blood flow to an area so that nutrients can be delivered for faster healing
- Encourage lymphatic drainage from an area so that waste and damaged debris can be removed
- Promote remodelling of the extra cellular matrix to eliminate adhesions and nerve compression
- Create a signal between the local nervous system and the central nervous system, generating a feedback loop for nerve repair
- Prune dysfunctional neural pathways
- Promote new neural pathways
- Stimulate the parasympathetic (rest & digest) nervous system thereby promoting healing and repair and restoring balance to the autonomic nervous system
A Bowen treatment is performed on all new patients in order to stimulate the healing process via the parasympathetic nervous system. We call this treatment a ‘reboot’ because it restores function to the organs.
Bowen is used to help heal musculo-skeletal problems including joint and disc injuries and muscle aches and pains.
Initial visit (1 ½ hour) – $180
Follow up ( ½ hour)- $90
Follow up (1 hour) – $135
Carroll Food Intolerance Test (including ½ hour follow up visit) – $135
Bowen therapy (1 hour) – $135